A wing for powered riding in all conditions, perfect for freeriding, waves, light wind and freestyle! The perfect wing for even the very first days on the water.Duotone about their new Foil Wing Echo 2020
The new Duotone Foil Wing Echo 2020 has been launched on the 16th of March 2020. It is a new wing, which is perfect for all conditions.
Official product description by Duotone
The Duotone Echo is the evolution of our first foil wing, which took the market by storm last year. Outselling many other brands, the dynamic concept featured a boom, window and battens offering a superior experience. For 2020 our design team have worked hard to enhance your feelings on the water and above it! A huge advantage of the Echo compared to softer wings, is its super stiff profile, achieved by the boom, battens and the new draft control rope.
This unique invention causes a stabilization of the profile, by taking advantage of the ridge boom structure and results in a consistent load distribution and a continuous performance. Especially in lightwind, the stiff profile, the battens and the draft control rope, make it easy to actively get going, even in the slightest breeze. All sizes have incredible low end, especially size 6 and 7 get you going in the slightest breeze. The leading edge has been stiffened to create a more rigid framework; this improves the wings jumping abilities, but also offers more control at speed and in powered conditions. Canopy tension has been increased, and the trailing edge/leech tension has been tuned as well. These improvements help airflow and reduce drag, giving the wing a better wind range and making it more stable when riding waves. The new boom utilises an oval grip, making it more comfortable in the hands, hand positioning happens naturally and intuitive, keeping you in control at all time. The leading edge bladder has been reinforced to make it even more durable, and finally, there are now six sizes in the range! If you want the highest performing, most technologically advanced wing on the market, grab the Echo, nothing else comes close.
- From first time trying to Pro (Entry level riders or Pros, the Echo has a lot to offer and is not limiting on any level or any style.)
- Made for powered and fast riding (Designed for powered and fast riding, the Echo is a high performance foil wing!)
- High performance in waves, light wind and freestyle (High performance, yet very versatile in disciplines, the Echo feels at home in waves, light wind and Freestyle.)
- Boom for precise handling (two sizes) (Two sizes of booms ensure the perfect setup and the most rigig connection to the foil wing possible, therfore the handling is simply amazing.)
- Draft Control Rope for easy handling and performance (The Draft Control Rope is an unique Duotone feature which makes the handling easy and ensures 100% performance, the experienced foil winger can even pull it to depower the wing.)
- packs down small (The whole setup is easy and fast to rig and packs down small, which makes it the perfect travel companion.)
Duotone Foil Wing Echo 2020 Sizes
- 2.6, 3.3, 4, 5: small boom 115-175
- 4, 5, 6, 7: large boom 141 – 201
Get more information about the Duotone Foil Wing Echo:
We are excited about the development of the new Duotone Foil Wing Echo 2020. The wing has a big wind range with wing sizes from 2.6 m up to 7 m. So it should be a real beast in any conditions. From very strong winds and beginners (small wing) to very light wind freeriding (big wings). We are excited to get to try the new wing soon.
Head to our Equipment section for more wing foil gear information.
Read more about wing foiling.
Rio Blue loves wing foiling. Rio is a wing foil girl from Maui, Hawaii. Get to know Rio in this wingfoildaily Rider of the Week Interview.
Launch of the Ocean Rodeo Glide A and HL series! The wings use the ultra light ALUULA material. 40 % lighter & 2x stiffer then industry wing foiling standard.