What is the difference between stainless steel t nuts and brass foil mount nuts? Why does it makes sense to spend a bit more on your t nuts to mount your hydrofoil. Imagine being on the water and your t nuts break during your wing foiling session.
As most of you know, we offer the Stainless Steel Wing Foil Mount Set. Many of you ask – is it worth paying extra for stainless steel as the common brass t nuts are much more affordable to mount your hydrofoil. Browsing through instagram we found the following picture from Dan Taylor (@foilphotos on Instagram):
If you use brass nuts for a while, you will see it. Brass foil mount nuts tend to get a funny colour when in use – especially in salt water. They turn into a green-yellow-brownish colour and will most likely start rusting. They are much softer and can break – and if that happens it can cause damage of your board, foil or even yourself.
Stainless steel foil mount nuts have a few advantages compared to the common brass nuts.
Pros for Stainless Steel Foil Mount Nuts
- Stainless steel t nuts are more durable
- More solid as common brass nuts. Your foil will be tight like a rock.
- No rusting at all.
- High quality performance and look.
- Even after months, years of use your Stainless Steel T Nuts will look nice and like new.
Cons for Stainless Steel Hydrofoil T Nuts
- Stainless steel is more expensive.
- Not many companies / brands can supply stainless steel foil mount nuts.
This is why we started to produce our very own Stainless Steel Foil Mount Set by WINGFOILDAILY.
The WINGFOILDAILY stainless steel Foil Mount Set is the ultimate high quality mounting set on the market providing foil mount nuts and screws.
This set includes everything to mount the most common foils to your board. The perfect stainless steel hydrofoil t nuts.
- 4x stainless steel nuts M6 or M8
- 4x stainless steel screws 30 mm or 35 mm
- countersunk screws, M6 or M8, 30mm or 35 mm (torx tx30 or allen 5 mm))
- handy storage case
It is time to mount your foil with stainless steel foil mount nuts!