Wing Foil Equipment
Wing Foil Equipment from Wings, Boards, Foils and Accessories for your wing foil experience. This is the site with the ultimate overview of equipment news, tests, videos and anything you have to know about wing foiling equipment.
Ultimate Wings overview: Best wing for wing foiling 2023?
You have news about a specific wing foil product? Feel free to contact us to get featured on WINGFOILDAILY.
What equipment is needed to wing foil?
Wing foil equipment refers to the gear used for wing foiling, which is a relatively new water sport that combines elements of windsurfing, kiteboarding, and stand-up paddleboarding.
Wing foiling involves riding a small hydrofoil board while holding onto a handheld inflatable wing that is used to catch the wind and propel the rider forward.
The main components of wing foil equipment typically include:
Wing Foil Hydrofoil Board
This is a specialized type of board that features a hydrofoil attached to the underside.
The hydrofoil is designed to lift the board out of the water as the rider gains speed, allowing them to “fly” above the water’s surface.
Hydrofoil boards are typically made of lightweight materials such as foam, wood, or carbon fiber, and they come in various shapes and sizes to suit different riding styles and conditions.
Wing Foil Equipment: Wing
The wing is the key element of wing foiling, as it is used to catch the wind and propel the rider forward.
It is typically made of durable, inflatable material and is held by the rider using a handle in the center and/or on the struts.
The wing is controlled by the rider’s body movements, allowing them to steer, accelerate, and decelerate.
Wing Foil Mast and Fuselage
The mast is a vertical strut that connects the hydrofoil to the board, while the fuselage is a horizontal strut that connects the mast to the foil wings.
The mast and fuselage are usually made of lightweight materials such as aluminum, carbon fiber, or titanium, and they come in different lengths and shapes to provide stability and maneuverability to the hydrofoil.
Wing Foil Foil Wings (or front and back wing)
The foil wings are the aerodynamic components that generate lift and allow the rider to “fly” above the water’s surface.
They are typically made of lightweight materials such as carbon fiber or fiberglass and come in various shapes and sizes, which affect the performance and stability of the hydrofoil.
Wing Foil Leash
A leash is used to attach the rider to the wing, board, and/or foil to prevent them from losing their gear in case of a fall or wipeout.
Leashes can be coiled or straight, and they are usually worn on the rider’s wrist, ankle, or harness.
Wing Foil Protective Gear
As with any water sport, wing foiling requires appropriate safety gear, including a wetsuit or drysuit for insulation, a helmet for head protection.
As well as possibly impact vests, gloves, and booties for additional safety.
Wing Foil Equipment and general Wing Foil News
- Defi Wing 2023 Highlights277 men and women wing foiling in the same race at Defi Wing 2023. The biggest wing foiling race taking place in the south of France, Gruissan. So spectacular!
- ENSIS wing foil board range growsThe range of ENSIS ROCK’N’ROLL wing foil board models grows to twelve dedicated shapes that offer high performance to everyone who wants to dance on the water. Based on the revolutionary concave outline combined with a compact shape, the ENSIS ROCK’N’ROLL wing foil board offers exceptional stability and control when starting in choppy water, when […]
- Best Wing for Wing Foiling 2023What is the best wing for wing foiling? WINGFOILDAILY your wing foil magazine provides the ultimate overview. Discover the best wingfoil wings in 2023 now.
- Introducing the FreeWing AIR V3The all new FreeWing AIR V3 from Starboard and Airush is here. This evolutionary wing will change wing foiling in 2023. Discover the FrrWing Air V3 now.
- Mondial du Vent 2023 reportThe Mondial du Vent 2023 GWA Wingfoil World Cup in Leucate is one for the books! Report and highlights of a week full of action.
- Spain Wingfoil League 2023 ChiclanaReport and highlight video of the Spain Wingfoil League 2023 tour stop in Chiclana on your Wing Foil Magazine WINGFOILDAILY.
- NeilPryde Wing. The Fly 2023NeilPryde Wing the FLY 2023: 3 years of wing design and development work went into creating The Fly and we couldn’t wait to show it to you in its element!
- Launch: the all new VAYU V3 WingThe VAYU V3 wing for wing foiling – speed, agility, and playfulness for the most thrilling wing foil experience. Next level wing foil equipment from VAYU.
- Wingfoil Racing World Cup Abu Dhabi 2023The Wingfoil Racing World Cup Abu Dhabi 2023 taking place from the 15th to 19thMarch at Al Mirfa beach. The wing foil racing world class meets, we report.
- GWA Wingfoil World Tour New Zealand FinalsFinal day of the Surf-Freestyle discipline at the GWA Wingfoil World Tour New Zealand 2023. Chris Mac Donnald and Nia Suardiaz winning the Surf-Freestyle in NZ.
- Day 4 GWA Wingfoil World Cup New ZealandSuitable wind conditions arrived on day four of the GWA Wingfoil World Cup in New Zealand. With approximately 14 knots of wind, we were able to run the action.
- Wingfoil World Tour New Zealand 2023, Day 01Welcome to the 2023 GWA Wingfoil World Tour Event at Mount Maunganui! Due to wind direction, the competition temporarily relocated to Pilot Bay today.
- GWA Wingfoil Tour Debuts in New ZealandThe Tip Top GWA Wingfoil World Cup by Armstrong Foils is the first ever and the first 2023 GWA event in New Zealand and part of the Waterbourne Beach Festival.
- Duotone in Cape Verde – One For The BooksWing Foil News from the Duotone Wing Foiling team – they have been producing a video portrait about some of their team riders wing foiling at Cape Verde.